Due to the lockdown for nearly two months, the stagnant life is now gaining momentum. In the fourth phase of the lockdown, which started on May 18, the traffic wheels are also ready to pick up after the approval of economic activities in almost all places except the Containment Zone.
While the railways have started booking 100 pairs of passenger trains from June 1, on the other hand the way has been cleared to start limited domestic flights.
How the people trapped due to the lockdown are desperate to go to their village, this can be gauged from the crowd gathered for ticket booking. For regular trains starting from June 1, 5.51 lakh tickets were booked within four hours of online booking starting from 10 am on Thursday.
Railway Minister Goyal said in an interview on social media to BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra that tickets are not only being booked by the metros to go to small cities and districts, but also ‘reverse booking’ of tickets is.
Important things about railway service:
- There is also a frenzy of passengers for return tickets with out going
- Booking is being done from the website of IRCTC and the app itself
- Booking of 5.50 lakh tickets in six hours of booking start
Important things about Airlines service:
- About a third of domestic flights will be operational from Monday
- Flights are divided into seven bands according to travel time
- The minimum and maximum fare for each band was also decided
- Must arrive at the airport two hours before flight time