22 Opposition parties, including the Congress, met through a video conference on Friday to discuss the situation of migrant workers and the steps taken by the government to deal with the current crisis amid the Corona virus epidemic. Also, 11-point demands have been placed before the government. Apart from Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, senior Congress leaders Ahmed Patel, Ghulam Nabi Azad, KC Venugopal, Mallikarjun Kharge etc. were present in this meeting.
Demands from 22 parties in Sonia Gandhi’s meeting
- 7500 rupees per month should be given to all the families outside the income tax for six months.
- 10 thousand rupees should be given immediately and the rest should be given in five months.
- All needy people should be given 10 kg of food grains per month for the next six months.
- Along with this, the working days under MNREGA should be increased from 150 to 200 days.
- Providing free transport services to migrant workers to be sent to their homes and arrangements should be made to bring back Indian students and citizens trapped abroad.
- Accurate information should be provided regarding screening of covid-19, infection, health infrastructure and measures to prevent infection.
- All unilateral policy decisions should be changed, including changes in labor laws.
Rabi produce should be purchased from the farmers according to the MSP and for the kharif crop, seeds, fertilizer and other facilities should be provided to the farmers.
- Proper funding should be provided to the state governments fighting the Corona epidemic on the forefront.
- If there is a strategy to get out of lockdown, then it should be clearly told.
- Parliamentary work and meeting of committees should be restored, instead of a package of Rs 20 lakh crore, a revised and comprehensive package should be introduced.
- When starting any international or domestic flight, consult the concerned state government.